Born in the province of Quebec, Doris lives and works in Montreal. She studied Fine art at Bishop’s University from 2001-2003 where she earned her Visual Art Certificate , and also studied at Les Ateliers d’Art Seymour Segal for workshops on collage, transformation, and painting.
In the early 90’s, Doris attended Academie des Beaux Arts Sylvia Araya in Quebec to study drawing, pastel and oil painting. Doris has been focusing on her art on a full time basis since 1999.
Doris is represented by various galleries throughout Canada, including Koyman Galleries in Ottawa, ON. She is a well-established Canadian artist with a growing reputation in Europe and the United States. Her art is collected around the world both in private and public collections. She is also a member of the RAAV in Quebec.
Doris participates in many professional activites, including:
* Participation in the show “ Telles Qu’elles” (direct painting), Club Soda, Montreal, QC 2003
* Atelier de peinture La Signature 2003- Teaching of drawing, composition and painting
* Atelier de Créativité (personal studio) – 2001-2003 Teaching of drawing, composition and painting
* Illustration of the book « La parfaite hypothèse de la deuxième tragédie du Titanic » from Alain Gendreau 2002
* Member of the board of directors for the artist association « Coalition des artistes de Long’œil 2003-2005
* Professional member of the Regroupement des Artistes en Arts Visuels (RAAV)